Any scripts to help dissolve loop any footage?

What type of scripts do you need?

Moderator: byronnash

Navstar

Just wondering if there was a script that can help automate the process of looping footage (like a stock footage background)?

A script that would do that would really be a time saver!
Yenaphe

Well it's kinda easy, but it's hidden.

If you want to loop a footage, right-clic on it in the project pannel, then go to interpret footage, and there you can set a number of loop.

If that doesn't work for you, you can select the layer you need, activate timeremapping (ctrl-shift-R) check the last keyframe (the default last keyframe of timeremap is 1 frame after the end of the layer. So go to the actual last frame, add a keyframe and delete the last one). When your timeremap is ok add an expression: loopOut();

Now extend the lenght of your layer and it's ok.
Navstar

No no no. I knew someone was going to write that exact as soon as I posted it. I'm at the AE Enhancers site. Can we all assume people visiting this site aren't AE 'tards? :roll:

I want to loop non-looping footage.

You know, duplicate the layer, offset the time, dissolve the first layer into the start point of the second? It's not that hard, but it just take time to set up. And if you have a lot, then it's really a time waster.

The best non-scripty way I found here: http://www.graymachine.com/tutorials/lo ... r-effects/

BUT if a script COULD do this busy work, it would be really cool.
Yenaphe

Well time remapping stuff isn't for aeretards :wink:

That asside, i understand what you need. Don't know any script that does this, but shouldn't be really difficult to do

(i know, it doesn't help at all)
Navstar

Digging through old posts and I thought I'd dredge this up from the grave.

Any bored ingenious AE scripters wanna take a crack at this?

The only controls I think it would need is the duration of the dissolve. Maybe an option to use CC Blend? I'm not picky :wink:
Paul Tuersley

What about duplicating the layer and using Keyframe Assistant > Sequence Layers?
lloydalvarez
Enhancement master

Navstar wrote:Digging through old posts and I thought I'd dredge this up from the grave.

Any bored ingenious AE scripters wanna take a crack at this?

The only controls I think it would need is the duration of the dissolve. Maybe an option to use CC Blend? I'm not picky :wink:
I just happen to be writing such as script. If you would like to beta test it drop me a line.

-Lloyd
Navstar

Lloyd, you are like a magic genie! Do I get two more wishes?? :mrgreen:

http://aescripts.com/the-loopmaker/?utm ... Scripts%29
lloydalvarez
Enhancement master

Navstar wrote:Lloyd, you are like a magic genie! Do I get two more wishes?? :mrgreen:

http://aescripts.com/the-loopmaker/?utm ... Scripts%29

Lol..