Set Layer in/out points

What type of scripts do you need?

Moderator: byronnash

Disciple

This script would be useful mostly for non-english keyboard users. For those of us in that case, using the essential set in/set out point shortcuts require going into the prefs file and changing at least three lines of the file.
If you are using AE on several machines, this can be a real pain.
So as long as there is no keyboard shortcut manager, I'd love a simple script that would or allow me to use the current frame as in/out point for the selected layer(s), or change the prefs without having to go in there myself, find the right lines, and change them.

Alex
Paul Tuersley

Presumably you're talking about the [ and ] keys. Is it just for setting the in/out points or trimming them as well ( alt-[ and alt-] )

Writing a script that changes the keyboard prefs sounds easy enough. What lines would you change, and to what?

Paul T
Disciple

Paul Tuersley wrote:Presumably you're talking about the [ and ] keys. Is it just for setting the in/out points or trimming them as well ( alt-[ and alt-] )

Writing a script that changes the keyboard prefs sounds easy enough. What lines would you change, and to what?
Actually both keys, because the brackets are not easy to obtain via french (AZERTY) keyboards. If the parentheses "(" and ")" are free, I would use that. I remember using the ";" and the ":" keys before, but I'm afraid that might conflict with zooming the Comp Window.

If I remember correctly, there are several lines to change in the prefs to get this to work :

Here is what I did :

in the CCOMPTIME section of the shortcut prefs
TIME SET IN = "(;)"
TIME SET OUT = "(:)"

TIME TRIM IN = "(Option+;)"
TIME TRIM OUT = "(Option+:)"

in the CPANOPROJFOOTAGE section of the shortcut prefs
TIME TRIM IN = "(Option+;)"
TIME TRIM OUT = "(Option+:)"

A script to change this would be great!
Alex