Frame comparison to extract position difference value

What type of scripts do you need?

Moderator: byronnash

kikourof

Ok so I'm trying to do something a bit tricky.
I'm using a plugin in AE to stabilise some footage, it is part of the Red Giant Magic Bullet line and it's called Steady.

It's a great tool that gives really good results (something you could not do with AE tracker) but I'm using it with stereoscopic footage and therefore I need the stabilization to be exactly the same on the right and left eye. The problem is that the left image is necessarly different from the right and the stabilisation results are not exactly the same using this Steady plugin.

The solution would be to stabilize just one eye and then to apply the same stabilisation info to the right eye. BUT this Steady plugin does not let you access to the stabilisation data it comes up with (it just do its thing and stabilize visually the image)

So I'm thinking there might be a way in AE to compare the stabilised version to the original version and find the actual stabilisation value (position x/y and rotation). Then it is easy to apply these value to the other eye.

Let me know if this makes sense and if somebody has an idea or maybe a solution for what I want to do.

Thanks,

Arno