Script to Slice a large Comp canvas Into cropped-Precomps.

What type of scripts do you need?

Moderator: byronnash

dushyantk

:idea:
Can someone help me out with this kind of stuff. I've searched this forum throughly but din't find a perfect solution.
Basically I've a large comp size and want to render it into small pieces, crop option in output module works but there's no way I see to change these values dynamically through a script. So...I still want to render entire canvas (not just one cropped area) but in Slices. I found a similar script here: http://www.redefinery.com/ae/view.php?item=rd_Slicer but it only slices the canvas, precomps of these sliced layer will still be of the size of the mainComp. I've also tried Paul's script to crop precomps, but I guess it only works for imported psd files.

Any thoughts?
Thanks! :D
dushyantk

any thoughts guys...guess nobody's interested.
quilyee

I have an image that I want to enlarge that. I am not a professional artist, so I have no ideas about this. The width is 1087 pixels and a height of 731 pixels. I want the picture to be magnified to be 40 inches wide by 26 inches high. Would the image appear stretched if magnified that high. Can you help with real knowledge? Have a nice day.
Last edited by quilyee on May 21st, 2011, 12:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
Paul Tuersley

quilyee wrote:I have an image that I want to enlarge that. I am not a professional artist, so I have no ideas about this. The width is 1087 pixels and a height of 731 pixels. I want the picture to be magnified to be 40 inches wide by 26 inches high. Would the image appear stretched if magnified that high. Can you help with real knowledge? Have a nice day.
This isn't the right forum for your question, but I'll try to give you an answer. It partly depends on how the poster will be viewed, but I'm guessing you probably want a resolution of at least 150 dpi. If you have Photoshop you can use it to work out the size you need. 1087 x 731 would only give you enough resolution for a size of 7 x 4 inches at 150 dpi.

So yes, your image will probably look soft or pixelly, as blowing it up to 40 inches would give you the equivalent resolution of about 27 dpi. Having said that, the dpi for things like billboard are down in the 20 dpi range. Your poster would look ok if viewed from a long way away!