Nikon D90 destepping project to become a batch processor

What type of scripts do you need?

Moderator: byronnash

firefox1972

Hi! For starters, I'm new here.
Thanks in advance for everyone who wishes to help me on this.
After a lot of research I have created a project on AFX to correctly and fast destep nikon D90 avi files.
This is done with a series of pre-compositions etc.
What I need to do is to replace the file to be processed, trim the render work area for the output, rename the output file and then save a copy of the project.
Then I can just put the project in a queue and render it.
I need to do this automatically for a folder of files. Should be easy but I have no clue on AFX scripting.

I'm sure this script will help a lot of people
since my project has been downloaded a lot of times and I know that there are lots of people trying to work with D90 cameras.

This is the project that does the conversion.
http://rapidshare.com/files/419394250/D ... AFXV01.rar
(file is also attached below)
Attachments
DESTEPPERAFXV01.rar
(7.22 KiB) Downloaded 844 times
chris w

this is all you need.

import files and add to comp window ready to go..
viewtopic.php?f=11&t=758

look at renderNamedItems.jsx and smart import.jsx for multiple files in AE's script folder...

curOM.file = new File(newLocation.toString() + "/" + oldLocation.name); //location of file
app.project.renderQueue.items.add(curItem); //add item to the Render Queue
app.project.renderQueue.showWindow(true); //bring the RQ window to the front
firefox1972

Hey, you're missing the point here. I actually created the destepped project myself! I know how it operates and how good/fast it is! I spent almost a month developing it! ;)
But I had tons of footage and doing the procedure for each file was way tedious. That's why I needed a batch processer.
Now I've switched to a Cannon 550D which is way better for video (1080p all manual etc).
Except for the color quality though. Nikon beats Canon easily.
Thanks anyway and I hope this project helped you as well.

Stimper wrote:It is in a project form. Just replace the footage, trim the composition and always render with current settings for render quality.
No way for now for batch processing, but for a single footage should work fine.
shrabanti

I went there and wow. What a quality script "Atomic" has put up there.
I learned a lot and taking the name from the rgb files is just awesome.
It's kind of a complete solution of importing files and adding it to comp window.
By the way my opinion differs with "firefox1972" and I strongly believe the video
quality of Nikon is best too and better than Canon.
firefox1972

You are obviously only refering to color reproduction. Nikon D90 suffers a lot. Unacceptable rolling shutter (jello cam), 720 (no full HD), and line skipping.
You can't call that professional video quality. Also it is hell to work with if you want manual controls.
If you're using it on auto you lose the point of having control over DOF etc. I know Canon'w color sucks, but you can bring it very close to Nikon with color correction IF YOU KNOW WHAT TO DO.
Has 1080p (You can also go 50fps on 720p-Nikon cannot do that), full manual controls, custom firmware that rocks, no line skipping and MINIMAL ROLLING SHUTTER.
In the end it is all about what you want to shoot. Fortunately newer cameras by Nikon are far superior to D90 and have adressed most of these problems more or less.
I don't think you understood me earlier cause I think you actually agree with what I say. I'm just calling facts and it is NOT my opinion.

shrabanti wrote:I went there and wow. What a quality script "Atomic" has put up there.
I learned a lot and taking the name from the rgb files is just awesome.
It's kind of a complete solution of importing files and adding it to comp window.
By the way my opinion differs with "firefox1972" and I strongly believe the video
quality of Nikon is best too and better than Canon.