deinterlace script

What type of scripts do you need?

Moderator: byronnash

chris w

Hey guys, how does an open source deinterlace script sound for the community. I think it would be huge.
The best ones out there use adjacent frames to help improve the quality of the deinterlace(like topaz). Others use the amount of motion to key the sawteeth out.(fieldskit)

I was looking for a better way than AE's preserve best edges. This method I made here sometime gets better results of maintaining lines by using timewarp as a warping layer, but it won't work on poor video due to timewarp not knowing pixels from noise.
http://forums.creativecow.net/readpost/50/857861

also, an antialiaser, like the ones used in directx to remove jagged edges would work too.

I know that if we work as a community, we can solve one of the hardest and prevalent problems in video since 1950.
chris w

ok, I talked with a really good c++ programmer and the good news is, is that it will be pretty easy to take After Effects and send it to directx 11 for deinterlacing, anti-aliasing that's already programmed in by microsoft. Also, the gpu will be able to work as another processor making your computer 20x faster. this is an .aex file now, so should I still post here because this is scripting only?