resize compositions

What type of scripts do you need?

Moderator: byronnash

Hi,

I haven't found this script here, so incase it doesn't exist on sites that I don't know about yet...

I think a script that resizes all compositions in a project would be useful.
Rightnow I have to resize a project from PAL widescreen to HD... which wouldn't be such a huge problem. Unfortunately I have about 100 compositions in this project so an automation would save me form being up all night ... once again ;)

Maybe someone can tell me, where I could find such a script?

Thank you.
byronnash

That should be fairly easy to script. If I get some time soon, I'll write one.
hidden

that's cool, thaks a lot :)
byronnash

I've posted a script that does what you requested. It's in the General Scripts Library.

Enjoy!
Paul Tuersley

Maybe I'm mistaken, but I was under the impression that what was needed was a script that will scale up the comps AND all layers within it from PAL WS to HD, but it looks like Byron's script just changes the Comp Settings.

There is a script that comes with AE, accessible from the Demo Palette script, called ScaleComp, that scales the current comp and all layers within.

Hidden, if these existing scripts don't do what you're after, maybe you could post a more detailed description of the steps that you'd typically go through when resizing a project and we can see if there are some set rules that can be applied to automate the process.

Or if I'm wrong about all this, just ignore me :)

Paul T
byronnash

Oops, I guess I din't get that from hidden's description. So, yes please give us a little more detailed idea of what you need.
hidden

Hi,

first of all, thanks for taking care of my request that fast.. :)
But you are right, my explanation of the task was not quite precise. Paul is right, I have to scale the compositions as well as all the layers in the compositions.

I am creating a type effect with lots of nesting compositions for a movie intro.
For each name in the intro I have up to five compositions and each of them contains up to two solid layers. They all have to be resized.

I don't know how complicated it is to script that...

thanks a lot..
hidden
Paul Tuersley

So how would you normally scale up the solid layers? Change the scale value, or select Solid Settings and change the size that way? How is the 'type' effect created? Sounds like it isn't using text layers, are you using masks or an effect like Basic Text?

The reason I'm asking all this is that there are ways of scaling things up that will provide extra resolution and ways that will just look like PAL res scaled up to HD. (in which case you could just do the resize in the render's output module).

Paul T