Precompose with controls

What type of scripts do you need?

Moderator: byronnash

tk421storm

Hey all,

So I've been getting great mileage out of the fantastic "Duplicate with Connections" script - basically adding sorely needed instancing to AE. I'm always using multiple copies of layers for transfer modes and such, and it's nice to have an easy way to make duplicates.

I would love for there to be a quick and dirty "Precompose with Controls" script, that would precompose the layer with it's effects on it, but leave (deactivated) versions of those plugins in the current comp which control the ones in the new precomp.

For example, on luma mattes used to control compound blur et al, the layer needs the ramp effect to be pre-composed. Once that happens, however, I have to go through hoops to make slight adjustments. With an easy script, I could have the two ramp control points accesible in the main comp, and make changes without having to duplicate the background footage in the ramp comp or other work arounds.

Things like scale/position/rotation would be more slightly more complicated - it would have to create slider controls for each attribute. I would say the effects would be more important than the transform controls, at least in my usage.

Does this seem difficult? I'd definitely buy this on AEscripts.

-Mike
lloydalvarez
Enhancement master

Have you checked out the Smart Pre-Composer?

http://aescripts.com/smart-precomposer/