Render Directory Creation

What type of scripts do you need?

Moderator: byronnash

scribling

Here's what I'm looking for:

A GUI where I can set my render path, and a button "create version directory," (and have it set the render of the queued item to that directory)

Rather than have to copy the version number from the output setting, create new directory, paste name and save, this script could do it in a jif.

I figure by setting the path first you could always see that it's correct and it's probably easier than discovering it each time.

I set my output render settings to custom "project name" so the render always matches the project.

Seems to me there should be an auto setting in AE for this. Set the render directory and select "always render into project name folders." Every time you hit render AE would create a new directory for the current version, if the folder exists, a dialog pops warning you.

Thanks!
Simma

Give this a try and see if it will help you: http://www.aenhancers.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=1925.
scribling

Unfortunately, Auto Render doesn't work very well for me. I had to alter the script quite a lot to get what I wanted out of it and even then I'm not sure it's saving me any time or effort.

What I need is much more simple.

Discover the project name;
Create a directory with that name;
Set the queued item(s) to that path.

That's it.