a script to batch replace files

What type of scripts do you need?

Moderator: byronnash

Jon Coyopa

I have an AE project where I need to batch replace thousands of jpegs with RAW (.cr2) files. I've the aescripts.com Immigration and Batch Search-n-Replace scripts and I'm either not using them correctly, or they don't quite do what I need.

Let me explain my workflow to better help you understand what I need. I have a bunch of time lapse shots and animations that were shot with a Canon 5D in RAW format to retain the best color space possible. Using Adobe Lightroom, I processed the RAW files into jpegs for editing but I only processed the ones I was going to use in the edit (this is important later). I used Final Cut Pro for my edit. I took these 5616x3744 jpegs and put them in 4k sequences. I adjusted the frame durations, some on 1s, 2s, 3,s etc, and nested those in a HD sequence for editing and animating. Once I had finished the edit, I used Automatic Duck to send the project to After Effects to apply some effects, some animation that can't be done in FCP and to do the final color grade. I need to replace all of those jpegs in AE with the original RAW files. Using the replace/relink tools already in After Effects, I can either do it one file at a time, which will take forever and isn't something I have time to do or I can have AE create image sequences. The problems with the image sequence option are that it uses all of the RAW files when I only need some of them, I can't have varying frame durations and I have to essentially re-edit/animate the project since it just places the image sequence in the project window and not the timeline/comp. I've tried every variation of making AE think files are offline but I'm still only left with the one by one or image sequence options.

Does this script exist?
lloydalvarez
Enhancement master

Batch Search-n-Replace Paths worked for Jon btw.