split, freeze first frame for 2 seconds

What type of scripts do you need?

Moderator: byronnash

joerich

I am using AE CS5.5. (free trial). My goal is to find the easiest way to automate the following task. I am creating a video of full match play for a volleyball player, where each point of the game/match is an individual clip. Each game can have ~50 clips. I would like to freeze the first frame of each clip for 2 seconds and show a 'player highlight graphic' over the player. I did this by manually splitting each layer at first frame, moving the oneframe layer above the original in the time line, holding the first frame layer for 2 seconds, aligning the 'second' (remaining frames) layer to the out point of the first layer. Add my 'player highlight graphic above the two-second clip. Surely a script is what I need to automate this! I am a programmer (.net, javascript, c, c#, etc) and I have found many scripts that show how to iterate over the selected layers to perform a function, but I cannot find an example (or class descriptions with methods/properties) to show how to create the freeze frame, extend the clip. I can use the normal menu to sequentially align the clips once that is done. I think a second script to insert a named layer in front of each selected frame with the 'in' points equal is also needed.
I am not sure that I have to split the layer to freeze the first frame for 2 seconds and the resume (thereby extending length of clip by two seconds).
Can anyone point me in the right direction?
Thanks, Joe