automating renders and including a slate

What type of scripts do you need?

Moderator: byronnash

dupsta

Hoping to find some help on a type of automation / slating script? I figure I would ask here and see where this goes.

I suppose this would be considered a Slate script to batch a grip load of shots, build out a head slate frame and a couple of diff output modules. Trying to find a way to automate some of this.

I would like to import my master 2k image sequence, run a script that would create two quicktimes. Each with a 1 frame head slate at the front. Date/shotname/duration/artist/framerate/LUT used/ notes over a BG image.
A typical slate frame that reads the file name and gives me a chance to enter in notes and info.
However in the comp I have to apply a generic LUT, than apply my generic grain pass which is just a png seq, change the frame rate of the master seq from 24fps to 23.976 and render out a 1920x1080 DNx36 QT and also a 720p H264 qt. Two output modules. Bake all that in.

As of now I have a Slate AE template I manually use, When I open the proj I have to replace the footage, interprete the footage to 23.976, reset the comp duration, LUT duration and grain layer duration, rename the template comp to my shot name, type in the name of the shot and duration in my Slate preComp, que up the render with two output modules, and choose my path and double check that it is named right. Than spit out two quicktimes with the LUT and grain baked in

Ideally I could import an image seq run a script and much of this is automated since all that changes is the duration and shot name, and it is off and rendering in the BG.

Yea, that’s it…LOL