elimnate parenting

What type of scripts do you need?

Moderator: byronnash

hemanth

Hi guys i need a script which elimnates parenting but whitout changing the animation
Is it possible ?

regards
Hemanth
scribling

Are you saying that you need a script that takes the properties that parenting controls and turn them into expressions?
hemanth

exactly, thats a good idea
Is there a script that already does this..
my probem is i need to derive transformation keys of all chid layers
help me plz

thanks and regards
Hemanth
scribling

I think you mean to say that you need to plot the data for a transfomation ...
If that's the case I used to do this by using Motion Math and multiplying by 1. That gave me a key frame for every frame, but you'd have to do that on the original layer then copy that to any other layers.

Last time I tried to use this though I couldn't find Motion Math. I think Its been removed.

So, I'm think everything I've said here is moot. Nevermind.
Paul Tuersley

hemanth

you want to 'bake' the result of any parented animation into keyframes so the layers can be unparented? sounds like it could be possible to make a script, but it may not be all that easy.

expressions have the ability to work out unparented tranformation values using the toWorld/Comp functions, so the script may need to add these expressions and then do the equivalent of 'Convert Expression To Keyframes'. if Dan Ebberts' reading this, maybe he can supply the correct expressions.... I've never totally understood the toWorld stuff.
Paul Tuersley

scribling

the method you used for creating all keyframes using Motion Math sounds like it would be easy to replicate with expressions. Add an expression to a property (just the default expression will work fine), then ctrl/right-click on a keyframe (or the I-beam) and select Keyframe Assistant > Convert Expression To Keyframes.

But I don't think this technique would solve hemanth's problem because he needs keyframes that replicate the combination of both the child layer and any parented layers' transformations.

I think Motion Math was removed because all its functionality can now be replicated with expressions or scripting. The only other thing it could do was convert audio to keyframes, which is now possible using the Keyframe Assistant.
scribling

Wow, I didn't even know that was there. It's a bit complicated to get to work at first but once you know how it's great.

Who needs Motion math ...
hemanth

Thanks for the reply Paul
Its great to hear from the master, Ive enjoyed all ur scripts and sleep a bit more nowadays, Instead of doing all the manual tedious work
thank you

Dan could u plz help me out

thank u

Thanks & regards
Hemanth