Tangent interpolator

What type of scripts do you need?

Moderator: byronnash

thehardme

Greetings from Spain, first post here.

I have a very basic knowledge of scripting, but a friend has been helping me out with a potentially useful tool related to trackable masks and rotoscoping. He has no idea about video editing, but loves scripting.

Based on an old CreativeCow post by Dan Ebbertshe managed to do two nice small scripts: One that puts trackers in the place of each vertex of a mask and one that applies all trackers into an animated mask. When it's a bit more polished (not much, still) I'll put them here so you can take a look at them. I think there can be great things done in rotoscoping with the help of scripts, but there are some fields missing in the task, and that pal has become quite busy in his own work, so I don't want to give him much more work.

So here is my request:
Is it possible to create a script that interpolates the mask vertex position and/or the tangents?

Tangents are what I am really interested in. As you know, when you change the data of two vectors, they won't interpolate if there are other keyframes in the middle. I would like to know if a script can be created that picks up selected tangents and interpolates them between markers for example. That would be a great advance for a more complex rotoscoping script, and possibly for many other tasks.
Mylenium

Mmh, have you tried finding some code examples for Bèzier-Interpolation on the web? I know there are some good examples out there. Unfortunately I'm not that much into code and math that I could help you, but it sure would be worth trying to look for such things.

Mylenium
[Pour Mylène, ange sur terre]