Need a Network Rendering Script

What type of scripts do you need?

Moderator: byronnash

baseer

Could any one knows about any kind of script by which rendering is possible through network or in render farm?. I used the script which is usefull to doing rendering in BG application but not manage the render farm.
Plz help me...
pdeb

baseer,

what specific type of network rendering are you trying to do? I think there are some Muster scripts here if that's what you're using, otherwise there's always AE's watch folder, check it out in the manual.
baseer

Basically I need the muster's kind of any script that can render out the project from the server system. I can't afford the Muster utility, but i need the same kind of utility. I hope u'll understand.
The watch folder is not working like the muster did.
benfmv

I'd like to see an alternative network renderer as well. AE Watch Folder: this is fine when you have text only animation, but if you have lots of video layers, then it takes a lot of time. Is there a way to execute a remote render, with out having to copy the source files over every time? I would assume as long as all the project file, and the source files are all with-in the same directory, that this would not be too difficult.
cob906

benfmv wrote:I'd like to see an alternative network renderer as well. AE Watch Folder: this is fine when you have text only animation, but if you have lots of video layers, then it takes a lot of time. Is there a way to execute a remote render, with out having to copy the source files over every time? I would assume as long as all the project file, and the source files are all with-in the same directory, that this would not be too difficult.
You don't have to copy all of the source files to the render boxes locally; they only need to be able to access the files over the network. When you click on "collect files", make sure that "None (project only)" is selected and then enable it for the watch folder and send it away. The render boxes will see the new AE project and reference the files over the network. Hope this helps!
benfmv

Thanks. I've since found this out. I may have tried it when it first came out (version 4, I think), and it didn't work. Yes, this change is a good thing. As I understand it, it will see all the souce files as long as the source files are in the "watch" folder, even if they are in a sub-directory.
cob906

When I send my animations to my render farm, I collect only the project to the watch folder which is on the network. My source files remain on another drive (also on the network) without having to be placed inside the watch folder itself.

Because I collect only the project, AE will open up the file on the render farm and notice that the files needed in the animation are not in the watch folder itself but on another drive out on the network. It's important to make sure the computer your watch folder is on has access to the network/drives that your source files are located on.
benfmv

So it will scan all of the drives until it finds them, or do you have to point to it?