selecting items in render queue window...

What type of scripts do you need?

Moderator: byronnash

pixelarts

Hello everyone,

First of all I would like to thank Atomic and Paul for scripting that wonderful script - to put together rgb and alpha footage, man it is even now saving me huge amounts of time, and every time I use it, I feel so greatful that i found this forum! :D

I find that if you are working with a long render queue, and need to make changes to your output module settings, each and every output module needs to be selected manually, the keyboard shortcut ctrl + a does not seem to select the output module ?

what I would love to see is a simple floating dialog box with just one button to select all output modules in the render queue!

could somebody please script it?
thanks.
pixelarts

Hi Guys, the thing is i wanted to apply specific output module setting to all the render q items, so even though i have no idea whatsoever about programming/scripting/javascript, i tried to somehow piece together a script which would do the needful as shown below, but as expected it gives me an undefined error ..could some one please guide me on this one..?

var rq;
var rq = app.project.renderQueue.numItems;

for (var i = 1; i < rq; i++)
{

app.project.renderQueue.item(i).applyTemplate(testSettingName);

}
here the name of the output module template is test.
byronnash

You need to loop through the output modules for each render item since the render items can have multiple output modules. Below is a snippet of code from one of my scripts. It should help you get the idea. I apologize for not cleaning it up but I'm pretty busy at the moment. :roll:

Code: Select all

//setup RQ
	for (i = 1; i <= app.project.renderQueue.numItems; ++i) {
		//set current render Q item
		var curItem = app.project.renderQueue.item(i);
		//alert("name " + curItem.name + " index " + i);

curItem.applyTemplate(movRS); //apply render setting

var thisCompName = curItem.comp.name;//get the comp name to use for file output

//loop through the output modules for this rQ item
		for (j = 1; j <= curItem.numOutputModules; ++j) {
				var curOM = curItem.outputModule(j);
				curOM.applyTemplate(movOM); //apply template for quicktime
				var oldLocation = curOM.file; //get the old file location

//writeLn(oldLocation.toString());//debug

//set new file location
//				curOM.file = new File(renderLoc.toString() + "/" + thisCompName + ".mov");
				curOM.file = new File(renderLoc.toString() + "/" + thisCompName + ".m2v");