de-flicker

What type of scripts do you need?

Moderator: byronnash

dwahlrab

I'm doing post on a stop-motion and there seems to be some serious flicker issues. I've worked with the Tinderbox deflicker filter, which I suppose is good enough, but I wonder if there isn't a scripting solution for this as well, perhaps. Any ideas?
Of course I know the ultimate solution is to fix the flicker in camera, as you are shooting. But, not an option this time. THANKS!
Atomic

The auto levels effect may help you out?

I saw a demo on using it to de-flicker a time lapsed sky.
dwahlrab

Thanks Atomic,
Unfortunately, its not exactly clear to me how this can sample and then adjust over time, but if you have a link for that demo, maybe I can find out. I've taken a brief look at it, and I just dont quite see what it'll do for me. No one ever tried to write a script for this?
Atomic

The demo I saw was on a DVD, it is not online.

AutoLevels, you simply apply to a layer. The controls are very simple. Adjust the temporal smoothing (I guess this is the look ahead/back). Blend original if neccessary.

It also has companions called "AutoContrast", and "AutoColor" which function in a similar fashion.

Just add all three to your layer and play with the controls.

If it works, it will be obvious, otherwise seek another solution.
Paul Tuersley

You could also try the built-in Color Stabilizer effect, although I imagine it's probably similar to the tinderbox effect.

A "sampleImage()" expression method was added in CS3 for sampling pixel values, but the best you could come up with using it would be something like Color Stabilizer anyway, so it's not going to help in this case.