enhancement requests and bug reports for the scripting guide

What's up at aenhancers.com

Moderators: Disciple, zlovatt

toddkopriva

I'm working on updating the After Effects scripting guide for CS4. In addition to documenting the new features, I'm fixing long-standing errors, adding examples, and otherwise trying to make the document better.

So, what do you want to see added, fixed, or changed?

I've posted a copy of the After Effects CS3 scripting guide on the Adobe Share (Acrobat.com) site. If you download that document, you can see the errata for the CS3 document. Then---and this is the important part for me---you can make your own comments and send them to me. I'd like to get FDF files (files that just contain Acrobat comments and other markup), but I'll accept emailed PDF documents, comments on this forum thread, or any other way that you want to get the feedback to me.

You can send me email at kopriva {at] adobe <dot) com.

I've posted a message similar to this one on my blog. I intend to post some CS4 scripting updates to my blog as I work on the new features in the scripting guide, so you might want to subscribe.
----------------------------------------------------------
Todd Kopriva, Adobe Systems Incorporated
http://help.adobe.com/en_US/AfterEffects/9.0
kobyg

Thank you for posting this here, and for hearing our requests!

To start out with, I think it is important to add a detailed Table of Contents to the guide.
This will make it much easier to find specific subjects in the guide, and will help new users understand the structure of the guide.

Thanks,
Koby.
kobyg

It would be very helpful if you could add the following subjects to the guide:
(Excuse me if I mention something that is already there. I've searched and couldn't find those sublects there)

1. File Handling functions and needed procedures (open file, read file, write to file, etc.), for Text files.
2. Creating Graphic User Interface (GUI) (creating buttons, check boxes, pull down menus etc.)
3. A full list of "app.executeCommand" commands.

Thanks,
Koby.
toddkopriva

Here's a link to a blog post that gives information about the new and changed features in a sparse outline format: After Effects CS4 scripting changes
Todd Kopriva, Adobe Systems Incorporated
http://help.adobe.com/en_US/AfterEffects/9.0