independant x,y,z camera movement with sliders

Moderators: Disciple, zlovatt

adinnin

Get a null and name it MOVER add three sliders to it and name them X, Y and Z.

Apply this expression to the position of your camera.

x = thisComp.layer("MOVER").effect("X")("Slider");
y = thisComp.layer("MOVER").effect("Y")("Slider");
z = thisComp.layer("MOVER").effect("Z")("Slider");
[x, y, z];

you now have independant control of the X, Y and Z.

A nice and easy expression... but a good one I think.

Alex
sean@qmediadesign.ca

That's a great tool. I've been looking for something like this for a while. I've always had a real problem with AE grouping all the pos. keys into 1 key.

Thanks.
psymotion

so... how do you change the names of the sliders?
davestewart

Same as with comps - click on the name and press the return key to highlight....
Tomber

A nice and fast to setup alternative is the Animation Preset -> Transform -> Seperate XYZ Position

I'm wondering how they managed to get more then one slider in an effect, adobe is (as always) cheating on us!
Paul Tuersley

Tomber wrote:I'm wondering how they managed to get more then one slider in an effect, adobe is (as always) cheating on us!
Nab figured out a way to do it. There's a link to his script halfway down this thread:
viewtopic.php?t=515
Tomber

Great! Thanks for pointing me there :)
iline

I love this expression, but there's a vital piece of advice missing...

When you're in the effect controls for MOVER, you'll need to specify the range values for each slider, or you'll be stuck with only -100 to 100, which is no good...

To edit values, right-click on each value (blue underlined) for X, Y, Z, choose Edit Values, and put in ranges that are large enough to accommodate your camera sweeps but small enough that your slider doesn't become hard to control without holding down Ctrl the whole bloody time.

Ting!

Cheers for this, it's well nice to use....
easy-ran

I'm sorry but applying the "separate x,y.z" to the null and controlling it from there dose the same effect, am i wrong?
xiaoliang

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:me too!thanks!
iline wrote:I love this expression, but there's a vital piece of advice missing...

When you're in the effect controls for MOVER, you'll need to specify the range values for each slider, or you'll be stuck with only -100 to 100, which is no good...

To edit values, right-click on each value (blue underlined) for X, Y, Z, choose Edit Values, and put in ranges that are large enough to accommodate your camera sweeps but small enough that your slider doesn't become hard to control without holding down Ctrl the whole bloody time.

Ting!

Cheers for this, it's well nice to use....
China BusinessHong Kong BusinessInternational BusinessChinese FurniturePaintPictureComputerComputer PeripheralComputer Accessory.
pecijackson

wow. this is very nice sir. really nice expression. thanks to xiaoliang for giving such an advice to make it more cool :D