Collect function for whoever wants it!

All things .jsx

Moderator: Paul Tuersley

stweed

Hey guys I made a python application to batch archive After Effects files and in doing so I had to write my own collect function. I thought it might be useful for some other people too so I'm throwing it up here if you want it. I made it as clean and robust as I could, and added lots of comments.

I'm on AE CS6, Windows 7 and it works great so far. If you're on another version or OS I think it should work fine, I just haven't tested it.

I started with a script I found here. However in testing it out I found a few bugs and some limitations, so I decided to write my own (and in English!). The only drawback from the native Collect Files feature is that due to limitations in extendscript I can't figure out how to work around, I was not able to relink layered photoshop and illustrator files. However they are still copied into the collect folder and I warn the user that they will need to relink these by hand.

Feel free to let me know of any bugs and I'll try to handle them! I want this to be as bullet-proof as possible so I can sleep at night knowing I'm not missing any files ;)

- Spencer
Attachments
Collect Function_ST.zip
Custom function for collecting footage
(2.28 KiB) Downloaded 1595 times
stweed

In doing further work on this I tweaked the function to write out a log file for any missing assets, etc. Consider this the commandline version.

I'm going to work on collecting fonts next, so you'll see an argument in there for that. It doesn't do anything yet but you'll need to pass a boolean variable to keep it from happy...

- Spencer
Attachments
Collect Function_ST.zip
(2.53 KiB) Downloaded 1553 times
pillz

Hey there!

Awsome job!

I'm asking you if is there any chance for you to edit it, for it to work by collecting the project only, with the Watch folder option ticked.
Since I'm working with a server and all footage is in the network, the paths are always the same and I only need to collect the .aep itself.

Thanks a lot!
likevfx

Can't downloads ! Please update!Thanks!
Hanan

stweed wrote: May 17th, 2017, 12:20 pm In doing further work on this I tweaked the function to write out a log file for any missing assets, etc. Consider this the commandline version.

I'm going to work on collecting fonts next, so you'll see an argument in there for that. It doesn't do anything yet but you'll need to pass a boolean variable to keep it from happy...

- Spencer
Hi Spencer,
I could really use your code but it does not exist there anymore.
Please advise,
Hanan