Set Dolly Cam

All things .jsx

Moderator: Paul Tuersley

cob906

When working with layers in 3D space, many times you want to be able to move through them without having to worry about the camera panning and distorting the flat layers. This script quickly sets the camera's auto orientation to off. This, in turn, transforms the camera into a dolly camera that is free to move on any axis but is parallel to the 3D layers at all times.

Png button included for integration with the Launch Pad script.

Usage:

If nothing is selected inside the composition or no camera is selected, this script creates a new Dolly Camera (numbered according to how many dolly cameras the composition has). If one ore more cameras are selected when this script is executed, the script will alternate between each camera's auto orientation settings being off or pointing to the Point of Interest for that camera.

EDIT: Version 1.0 added an expression to the point of interest to give the dolly camera effect for the cameras. Paul Tuersley correctly pointed out that the auto orientation settings can be set to off for the camera and it will do the same thing. Version 1.1 integrates the method Paul mentioned.
Attachments
Dolly_Cam_1.1.zip
(6.15 KiB) Downloaded 1901 times
Last edited by cob906 on December 18th, 2008, 9:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
Paul Tuersley

I'm getting an error when I try to unzip the file.

Also, you can stop a camera from pointing at its point of interest by selecting Layer > Transform > Auto-Orient and setting it to Off.
cob906

Paul Tuersley wrote:I'm getting an error when I try to unzip the file.

Also, you can stop a camera from pointing at its point of interest by selecting Layer > Transform > Auto-Orient and setting it to Off.
I re-uploaded the .zip file. It should work now. If not, I will upload it in a different format. I also edited the script to work with your suggestion. Thanks Paul! :mrgreen:
cutman

I can't unzip file