Light wrap setup

All things .jsx

Moderator: Paul Tuersley

Simma

New version - see post below.

Light wrap is a pretty standard procedure for blending a foreground and a background layer together. It exist in every compositing application that I know of, except After Effects. However, it's possible to create your own, and this script does it with a single click. It's based on a technique described in Mark Christiansens book "After Effects CS4 Studio Techniques, plus a couple of enhancements.

To use it, select you foreground layer and you background layer(s) and run the script. It will create a new lightWrap composition, expression link the transform propertys, and give you a slider control in your master composition to set the amount of bluriness of your light wrap. Adjust blurriness and opacity to where it looks good. But remember to keep it subtle! Usually I lower the opacity to somewhere around 10, 20%.
Simma

Link removed. New version available.
Simma

I found some time to write an update to this script. There was quite a lot of downloads of the last version, so I encourage you to try this one as it has some nice features added. You can also edit the default values quite easily by opening the script in a text editor and edit the user variables. It can be run as a dockable panel or from the script menu.

If you have any problems/bugs/feature request, post here or send me an email.
Attachments
sb_lightWrap_img.jpg
sb_lightWrap_img.jpg (17.14 KiB) Viewed 17974 times
sb_lightWrap_2.0.zip
(3.67 KiB) Downloaded 2505 times