Rototracking palette for AE (6.5, 7, CS3)

All things .jsx

Moderator: Paul Tuersley

nusferatu

hi there i used this script.
It works but when i do the aply to convert the trackpoints into the mask it appears this error
after effects: not enough memory to creat list.
(2k requested, 4476k available)
(27 :: 30)

i have a quadcore with 4gb of memory, i don't think that is really lack of memory.
Can anyone help me
Paul Tuersley

nusferatu,
So the error happens when you hit Apply Mask, and no mask keyframes are created? Has it ever worked successfully, maybe with smaller number of mask vertices or on a shorter sequence?
Paul Tuersley

I used this script for the first time on a job recently and it worked really well. Thanks for posting it!

Rather than using it for rototracking, I needed to get the mask vertices to follow some nulls. I've posted the basic steps I used in response to a question about it on this thread:
Controling individual vertices in a path
Paul Tuersley

nusferatu wrote:hi there i used this script.
It works but when i do the aply to convert the trackpoints into the mask it appears this error
after effects: not enough memory to creat list.
(2k requested, 4476k available)
(27 :: 30)

i have a quadcore with 4gb of memory, i don't think that is really lack of memory.
Can anyone help me
The problem was caused by the script's use of app.beginUndoGroup, which groups all the changes made by the script into a single undo. I've posted a link to a new version (v1.2) at the start of this thread which fixes this, at the expense of being able to undo eveything in one go.

Paul
Paul Tuersley

I've posted an update to RotAE1.3. It fixes the memory error issues caused by the script overloading AE's undo buffer, and probably runs a bit faster too, courtesy of Michael Natkin from Adobe.

Paul