Volumetric Light

All things .jsx

Moderator: Paul Tuersley

vidpat

I have added a script to the tutorial on volumetric lighting without plug-ins.

The script mimics the procedure described, creating and rigging effects to simulate volumetric cones of light for the selected Light Layers.

Usage:
Download VolumeLight.jsx in to After Effects' scripts folder. Create one or more lights and a camera. Select the lights and run the script.
Last edited by vidpat on June 22nd, 2006, 2:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
CaptainMench

Would someone else mind testing this script with AE7? I can't seem to get it to work.

Thanks

CaptM
vidpat

I don't have AE7, so I can't be certain that it works there. However, if you could describe the problem, something may come to mind.

I'd be happy to help as best I can. If someone has updated it for AE7 or knows what I may need to change (possibly layer type detection?), please let me know.
Paul Tuersley

In AE7 it comes up with a "No Spot Light Layers are selected" error.

If you open the script and do a find/replace for "instanceof Layer" (there are three of them) and change them to "instanceof LightLayer", the script will work in AE7, although it's then broken in AE6.5.

Paul T
vidpat

Thanks Paul. I believe I have updated the script in a way where it should now work in 6.5 and 7.0. If there are still problems, please let me know.

In general, I would welcome any feedback or suggestions on this or any other scripts I have posted.