Render, Email, Incremental Save and Shutdown

All things .jsx

Moderator: Paul Tuersley

lloydalvarez
Enhancement master

This script will render all the items in your render queue, send you an email to let you know the render is done, save an incremental version of your project and shutdown the machine.

**This script should be installed in the same folder as the email_methods.jsx and email_setup.jsx scripts that ship with After Effects. Normally this place is in the Scripts folder inside the After Effects application folder.

http://aescripts.com/2008/02/07/render- ... -shutdown/
blindchild

What email clients does this work with?

I cant get it to work with any of mine. my gmail, hotmail and website email. I have always wanted to use the render and email script in AE but am on the verge of giving up as it just doesn't seem to work whatsoever. All I get is TLS errors...

Thanks

R
blindchild

Hi again,

I managed to get the script to work, well the basic Render and Email script that ships with AE. I had to get my office to set up a special email account for it though that didnt require TLS etc...

But at least it works now :-) very happy about it, and such a useful script.

I was wondering however if there is a way to attach a report to the email, perhaps an error report if a render is unsuccessful. When testing the Render and Email script the first time, the render crashed as some frames were still being exported from maya...and the render just stopped, no email was sent.

If this had happened and I had gone away from the computer...I would have just thought my render had not been completed, when in fact it had crashed...

Does a script like this exist?

Thanks!!

R