numbering a sequence of shot

Moderators: Disciple, zlovatt

iyadooz

hi all

im working on a little project that contain some shots need to be numbered in a sequence im using the number plugin's to achieve this although im doing this manually by adding a key frame at the end of each composite and changing the value option in the number plugin how can i tell after effect to do this by script at the end of each composite please help?? :(
lloydalvarez
Enhancement master

If you give a bit more detail about exactly what you need the expression to do somebody will be more likely to help you
iyadooz

oh sorry

ok i have like a 55 scenes that i want to make them one movie on this movie i want to make a text input that tells the number of the scene like scene 1 ,scene 2,scene 3 or 1,2,3....etc i used a plugin called number in after effect but in this plugin you have to do it manually by changing the value option for the plugin at the end of each scene is there a way to do this by script??
Yenaphe

Are each scene on a different layer ?
iyadooz

yeah each scene is on a different layer!!
kobyg

iyadooz,
In case you won't have a script to do what you want, you could do it without a script, using Markers:
You could put Comp Markers at places in time where each scene begins,
and then use a simple expression to change the string of a text layer to display the index number of that marker, which will be the number of the scene.

Koby.

p.s.: In order to place the markers faster, you could use the SHIFT key in order to scrub the timeline and snap to beninng of scenes, and then use the "*" key on the numeric keypad to add a comp marker (make sure you don't have any layer selected when you click the * key, otherwise you will add a layer marker instead of a comp marker).

p.s.: If you need help with the expression changing the text, let me know.
iyadooz

kobyg,

Great but i really need some help with the expression :( how can i do this??
kobyg

Dan's idea is better than the solution I though of.
You won't need any markers this way.
Real clever expression !
Great idea Dan !
iyadooz

thanks guy's the two idea is brilliant ...

i really appreciated.
soneryamak

Hi everybody.

I have got a similar situation but my AE project is a bit different. My AE project includes a Premiere project. And that Premiere project has got 200+ different sequence. I need to add a shot number each sequence. So I haven't got layers in AE project.

I guess I can use comp markers. But I don't know how can I change shot numbers with expression in AE.

May you help me please?