Control wiggle amount with a slider

Moderators: Disciple, zlovatt

salvazalvi

Hi,

I don't use espressions really often and can't find how to add a slider to control the wiggle amount I want to add to a layers position, 2D or 3D.
Can anyone help ?

Thanks,

Salvazalvi
Disciple

Hello

I just moved this topic from Expressions Library to Expressions Discussion. Questions and general discussion belong here, not in the library.

To answer your question, the simplest way to do this is simply to add a slider control to the layer, enable expressions on the stream you want to add the expression to (position, scale, etc...), then add a dummy wiggle like
wiggle(1,2)

Then select the 2 and use the pick whip to point the layer to the slider control.
At that point your expression will look something like this :

wiggle(1, effect("Slider Control"("Slider"))

That way you edit the wiggle amount.

Then, if you want to change the value of the wiggles per second, create a new slider and do the same thing with the 1 highlighted.

HTH

Alex
salvazalvi

I had written the expression so far, but couldn't find what to write to apply this wiggle to the position parameter. I know it's a dumb question but it's the syntax that I don't understand.
salvazalvi

It works fine, but how can I apply a different wiggle to X and Y ?
salvazalvi

Done.

I'm learning !
Paul Tuersley

Just to let you know, I've created a new 'floating palette' script that makes it very easy to add these kind of expressions without having to actually write them yourself. Here's the link:
http://www.aenhancers.com/viewtopic.php?t=139

Paul T