D. Flanaghan.Chpters necesary f a.e .Anybody use this guide?

Moderators: Disciple, zlovatt

brigante

Hi everybody¡¡

Im interested in learning the language of the expresions, so i have bought the definitive guide of JS. of David Flanaghan.

It´s very extensive so i would like to know what chapters are necesary to learn making and understand ae. expresions. Anybody use this guide?.

Thanks for your help. Sorry for my english and encourage with expresions¡¡
Yenaphe

Hi Brigante,

if you want to learn AE expressions, i do recommand you the After Effects Expressions(sponsored link)Image book by Marcus Geduld.

Not only you will learn the language itself (based on javascript) but also how it works inside AE. I bought it several weeks ago, it's a good invest.
trimidium

I would use that book as a reference for whatever you want to do, because you can probably use just about any of it as long as it is related to math. All of the Math. exts are used in AE, conditional loops, while loops, string construction, and hey, the rest can most likely be used to learn scripting when your ready to go that route.

I don't have the book, but I thumb through it at the bookstore on occasion :(
Yenaphe

What you won't find in a standard JS book are all the AE specific object model. So you'll definitly also want a book on AE expression like the one above (which cover math stuf also). By the way, Mark Christiansen's Book:CS4 Studio techniquesImage have a chapter about expressions written by Dan Ebberts, __THE__ AE expression guru.