"active" expression

Moderators: Disciple, zlovatt

Ed Smith

Can this expression be applied to a layer parameter? For instance can I switch on/off a layer based on whether another layer is on/off? I have a feeling this can only be done with a script but here's hoping... Basically I have a simple 3D box set up as a template environment for some simple camera mapping/projection. I have a clone of this comp set up to generate shadows for the characters. If for instance I only needed 2 planes in the main camera mapping comp I'd love to be able to set up an if/else argument for the layers within the clone "shadow" comp based on whether it's counter part in the camera mapping comp is on or not.
It's not the dog in the fight, it's the fight in the dog that matters.
Dan Ebberts

No, you can't control a layer's "active" attribute with an expression. The best you could do is manipulate its opacity based on the other layer's active attribute (or, depending on what you're doing, the "enabled" attribute might be a better choice).

Dan
Ed Smith

Thanks Dan, I thought as much. I have the opacity hooked up already, switching the layer off would speed things up a bit though. Just have to do it the old fashioned way I guess.
It's not the dog in the fight, it's the fight in the dog that matters.