Help with Expression & Preset

Moderators: Disciple, zlovatt

mnarlock

Hi,

I'm relatively new to the world of presets and expressions in AE. Here's what I'm trying to do. I currently have a set of layers that I use as a sort of informational overlay to existing frames. It has such things as time, fps, date, dimensions of the comp, etc. These are all separate layers. I've used expressions to pull information like the comp size, fps and what not from the comp already. What I'm wondering is this. Is there a way to convert these layers and information they collect into a script that does it all in one shot and puts the information on a given comp layer rather than having the individual layers visible?

One other thing I'm attempting to do, without much success, is to write an expression that grabs the dimensions of the comp, then generates circular mask based on those dimensions.

I'm not sure I'm making much sense. I can make available what I've done so far if someone can point me in the write direction. I guess in a perfect world, I'd be able to generate a script or series of expressions for a preset that when run on some footage it calculates certain values (fps, total time, etc) and creates a circular mask based upon the dimension of the given comp.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.