Ease expression help anyone?

Moderators: Disciple, zlovatt

vfxg08

I'm working with the ease expression and I'm trying to find out how(if possible at all) to map position to rotation. I successfully achieved mapping it one way. Adding the ease expression to position and controlling rotation but I want to use the inverse and add the ease to rotation. I'm missing the ball I"m sure; I noticed that when you pickWhip in this situation AE creates temp parameters... I think that's the problem but I don't know how to translate that into the ease... here is the expression i tried to add to rotation:

ease(transform.position,[value[0],value[1]],[value[0],value[1]],0,360)

I get an error saying that there isn't a class called zero....
Not sure what that means
vfxg08

I succeeded in applying the ease to position then I added an ease() to rotation so that as ease expression ran the object moves and rotates.

The goal was to invert this animation and have the expression swapped :) I failed though

http://www.flickr.com/photos/38101350@N ... /lightbox/
Paul Tuersley

The problem is that in this case the parameters need to be one dimensional values, not a 2/3D array like Position. You have to choose either the X, Y or Z position value.

ease(transform.position[0],0,thisComp.width,0,360);

It's saying, "given this layer's X position value, convert the range of 0 to this comp's width, to 0-360.

Also, value refers to the value of the property with the expression. So value[0] and value[1] don't work on rotation as it is only a 1D value (you can use value). If you were on the Position property, writing [value[0],value[1]] is the same as writing [position[0],position[1]] or position or value.
vfxg08

Thanks this is awesome! :D
A ton of help!