Gravity

Moderators: Disciple, zlovatt

Stolichnaya

I'm definitely not a code junkie and always use standard scripts. I'm looking for something like the old gravity script in motion fun from AE 5.5. Anyone?
Disciple

I never really used Motion math. What did that script do exactly?

Alex
Paul Tuersley

There is a Gravity script included with AE, I think you can access it from the Demo Palette script.

Paul T
Stolichnaya

Thanks Paul, I haven't seen this whole scripting console before. It looks a bit like UsefulAssistants. I'll spend some time figureing out its possibilities. And from what I've briefly seen the scripts in this forum are also for this console, right?
Paul Tuersley

All the scripts on this site are for After Effect's built-in scripting functionality, which is very much like Useful Assistants, except that it's based on Javascript rather than the Python scripting language.

When first introduced in AE 6.0, scripting was mostly limited to render management types of functionality, but in 6.5 it has been greatly extended to allow for control over just about every area of After Effects.

Though Scripts and Expressions are both based on Javascript, they are different things. Expressions only have control over the value of the parameter on which they're applied, and using them requires only a limited knowledge of basic Javascript syntax. Whereas Scripts have control over the whole app, but learning to write them is a lot more of a challenge.

Paul T