setting a property to an expression from within script

Find out why the . goes before the /

Moderator: Paul Tuersley

peteoconnell

Hi I am making a script that makes an adjustment layer with a levels effect on it and I would like the the rgb gamma property to be an expression deriving its value from the input white property. Although I can get the expression to work as a simple number eg:

Code: Select all

myComp = app.project.activeItem;
mySolid = myComp.layers.addSolid([0,0,0], "colorCorrect", myComp.width, myComp.height,1);
mySolid.startTime = 0
mySolid.adjustmentLayer = true;
myEffect = mySolid.property("Effects").addProperty("Levels (Individual Controls)");
myEffectProperty = myEffect.property("Gamma");
var myEffectPropertyExpression = "5" 
myEffectProperty.expression = myEffectPropertyExpression;
I can't seem to get it to work as a string expression pointing to another property (in this example I get an error):

Code: Select all

myComp = app.project.activeItem;
mySolid = myComp.layers.addSolid([0,0,0], "colorCorrect", myComp.width, myComp.height,1);
mySolid.startTime = 0
mySolid.adjustmentLayer = true;
myEffect = mySolid.property("Effects").addProperty("Levels (Individual Controls)");
myEffectProperty = myEffect.property("Gamma");
var myEffectPropertyExpression = "effect("Levels (Individual Controls)")("Input White")"
myEffectProperty.expression = myEffectPropertyExpression;

Anyone know what's up with that?
Pete O'Connell
Dan Ebberts

You probably just need to change the outer quotes to single quotes so they don't confilict with the quotes in the expression itself:

var myEffectPropertyExpression = 'effect("Levels (Individual Controls)")("Input White")';

Dan
peteoconnell

Thanks Dan that did the trick.
Pete