popup solid settings

Find out why the . goes before the /

Moderator: Paul Tuersley

tapsystem

Hi,

is it a possibility in jsx script (use as uipanel) to send a shortcut sequence to ae by pressing a button ?
I try to work on an ui user color swatches, and i want to popup a solid setting windows when user press
a swatch (button). is it possible ? and if it's how to write this shorcut commande in the script ?

Thanks for your help

Mr
tapsystem

Hi,

Maybe my request is not really clear ...

How is possible to popup solid setting window in a script action ?

Mr
Paul Tuersley

As long as the comp is active and a single solid layer is selected you can use this:

Code: Select all

app.executeCommand(app.findMenuCommandId("Solid Settings..."));
This works for accessing any/most menu items as long as the right conditions for it are met.
You won't be able to do anything once that happens though. The user will have to edit and close it manually.

Paul
tapsystem

Hi

I was not know this command and it will be usefull for other scripts.
but my intention was to point a solid in the project items and launch its setting but without selecting it in the projet panel.

Tks
Mr
Paul Tuersley

That command works when the item is selected in the project panel too, but it doesn't sound like what you want anyway.

Most things are achievable with scripting but often you'll have to work around the limitations and do it the best way possible with the available options.

Paul
tapsystem

Hi,

i'm stay trying to find a solution to manage a color by soliding setting but it's not easy .... :cry:

I know activeItem is a read only element, but there is a way to set an item from the project panel as activeItem
without user action, only a button clic in a ui panel ? :?

Tks for your help
Mr
Dan Ebberts

If you have CS6, you can use the item.openInViewer() method. If you don't you'll have to use the undocumented ramPreviewTest() command hack (I think there's an example on this site somewhere).

Dan
tapsystem

Hi,

tks for all your feedback, i got my solution :wink:

If someone is looking for the same thing, i have made another post with my script :
:arrow: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=2186

Mr