Settings Object Content

Find out why the . goes before the /

Moderator: Paul Tuersley

BigMacGyver

Hello,

i have a rather simple question. I need to find out the content of the settings object, in order to access application settings like multiprocessing and other important stuff. Is there a command that displays the full content of this? I also read that there is a plain text file somewhere but believe it or not: i have not been able to find it on my system.

I am on OSX Version 10.8.3 and have been looking everywhere, even did a search for the file but it just seems to be not there? But that can't be the case, can it? Can anybody point me to the right direction maybe?

For instance, the help says the preference (settings?) file sits in (Mac OS) <drive>/Users/<username>/Library/Preferences/Adobe/After Effects/10.0

But i do not have a library folder in my username folder. So i looked elsewhere but without luck. Is that even the right file to look for?
Paul Tuersley

The Library folder is hidden by default on 10.7 and 10.8. You can launch Terminal and use this command to make it visible:
chflags nohidden ~/Library/

Also, in the last few versions of AE there is a "Reveal Preferences in Finder" button in Preferences > General.
BigMacGyver

That is the solution! Thank you, Paul.