exposing obscure / hidden AE commands to scripting?

Find out why the . goes before the /

Moderator: Paul Tuersley

pablohotsauce

There are some AE commands that don't seem to be available as menu commands and/or as commands in the Keyboard Shortcuts dialog. I want to be able to expose some of these to scripting so that I can assign keyboard shortcuts to those scripts, to call the commands.

For example, some of my most-used commands while animating are the ones you get when selecting a keyframe in the timeline and right-clicking it: Go to Keyframe Time, Select Equal Keyframes, Select Following Keyframes, etc. I use these all the time, and it's a pain to have to call up that menu and find the command I want every time.

It'd be great to be able to expose these. As far as I can tell, they don't have menu command IDs. How to get at these?
pablohotsauce

(years later) I was about to post to UserVoice, then tried one last time to find the command IDs for the stuff I wanted, and miraculously it worked. Either 16.1.2 introduced new command IDs, or they were always there but I didn't know how to find them when I first started this thread.

For anyone wondering, to find a command ID:

Code: Select all

app.findMenuCommandId("Go To Keyframe Time"); // or whatever command you're after
To execute a command ID:

Code: Select all

app.executeCommand(3999);
pablohotsauce

...Buuuut tons of AE ops are still hidden, so I submitted a UserVoice idea, if anyone wants to vote for it or make suggestions:
https://adobe-video.uservoice.com/forum ... ds-to-scri