AE to FCP?

Find out why the . goes before the /

Moderator: Paul Tuersley

kikourof

Byron,
Thanks for looking into the script; your changes work great except that I'm having some issues with the NTSC vs PAL timecodes.
My project in AE is set to 25fps and so is my comp but somehow the script generates timecode that sometimes goes above 25, as if it was NTSC.

I checked in AE that all my options were set to 25fps and somehow the problems persists.

Do you have an idea were the problem is in the script?

Thanks

Arno
byronnash

Yeah, that would be because my script uses an expression on a text layer to get accurate time code. The Expression I'm using is "timeToNTSCTimecode". I'll have to build some additional logic to allow for PAL timecodes.

I can't wait until we have a unified image size and frame rate. And NON-DROP frame timecode for crying out loud. But that all won't happen until we are plugged into the matrix I'm sure. ;-)
kikourof

Yeah the univesal image standard idea has been around for some time, but even with HD the we still have the good old frequency differences...

Hopefully some day we'll just run our machines out of the earth magnetic field

:wink:
byronnash

The script has been updated. Test it out with some PAL stuff and see if it works for you.
kikourof

Thanks!! I was away at IBC and then on a shoot for a few weeks. Just got back online and so glad to see you had a chance to rewrite the script. I'll go and try it out; thanks.
Arno