pt_SSA Karaoke Animator

Moderator: Paul Tuersley

Darco

Yes sorry, i've missed a lot of informations

I'm on AE CS3, with the show preview it work fine for the built in preset, but when i try to import SSA with built-in presets it don't work, scale blur zoom blur scatter them don't work.

I'm on a PC, 3.5 go ram, Q6600.
stickers

I'm sorry if this question has been asked, but I really don't know where to start. I went to File, but I can't find "Script" under it. I'm using Adobe After Effects 7.0. If there is other way around on installing or accessing this script, please tell me. I really want to do these effects on my karaoke. Thank you :)
Paul Tuersley

AE7 (and earlier) came in two versions (Standard and Professional) and scripting was only available in the professional version. I'm afraid there is no other way to run scripts, beyond getting the professional version or upgrading to AE CS3 (which only has one version).

Paul
Mah0

hi, I get a 1453 error :

Script error : Bad digit number

Did I missed something ?

I get this error even on a fresh ae7 pro installation.

Could someone help, please.

Thank you.
Mah0

Mah0 wrote:hi, I get a 1453 error :

Script error : Bad digit number

Did I missed something ?

I get this error even on a fresh ae7 pro installation.

Could someone help, please.

Thank you.
Just figured out : this is caused by regional settings that do not use a point to mark decimals... French regional settings for example ;)
And if in the script I replace . by , ; it does not work because of function settings like that : ["Ease",0,1,0],["Trails",0],["Duration",1,0.5]);
stickers

Paul Tuersley wrote:AE7 (and earlier) came in two versions (Standard and Professional) and scripting was only available in the professional version. I'm afraid there is no other way to run scripts, beyond getting the professional version or upgrading to AE CS3 (which only has one version).

Paul
I see. Thanks for the quick respond Paul. I'll get a new AE7 Pro as soon as possible. I'm looking forward on using your scripts in the near future.
Paul Tuersley

Mah0 wrote:hi, I get a 1453 error :

Just figured out : this is caused by regional settings that do not use a point to mark decimals... French regional settings for example ;)
And if in the script I replace . by , ; it does not work because of function settings like that : ["Ease",0,1,0],["Trails",0],["Duration",1,0.5]);
Thanks for the info. It looks like line 1453 is the first time I use a decimal in the script. Are you on Mac or PC? I just tried it on AE7 on a French account on Mac OS 10.5 and it worked ok.

Has anyone else encountered this issue with decimals in scripting? I'm surprised it hasn't come up before.

Paul
Mah0

Hi, I'm currently working on a PC, All in French.
I must replace in regional settings the coma by a point, it does not work without.
But that's fine for me. I don't know for others, maybe they didn't post the problem here ;)

Paul Tuersley

Thanks for posting the workaround. I haven't had time to look into this yet, so I'm glad to hear you've got it working.

Paul
mattblack

Hello :D

First of all, I want to thank AGAIN Paul for this script ^^
Without this I would be useless in AE :]

I'm doing karaokes in After Effects for a while, but now I've alredy tried all the plugins (effects), and need some fresh ones to work with :\

Anybody have any hints for me? ^^
Thank you a lot!
caset

Just a small note that I noticed, during karaoke if {/k0} is in the middle of a line it kills the script at that point, however if it is as the end of a line it acts normally.

ex:

Code: Select all

{\k39}ma{\k21}tte{\k36}i{\k14}ru{\k0} {\k41}Dead{\k14}{\k35}ly {\k44}Night

would show:
matteiru
where as:

{\k39}ma{\k21}tte{\k36}i{\k14}ru{\k1} {\k41}Dead{\k14}{\k35}ly {\k44}Night{\k0}

would show:
matteiru Deadly Night
both instances would still animate what is shown however.

I guess its a bug :roll:
Tankid

Hi guys

I don't know where to put this post .. but I found this Thread talking about Karaoke script

When I want to run SSA to after effects loader.v0.81 .. an error appears to me ..

I tried to run the same script in my friend's computer .. and everything alright

So please. .. can U tell me how to solve this problem?

[This is the wrong place for this post? then where can I put it?

Thanx .. and sry if this is wrong place to post :(
caset

Tankid wrote:Hi guys

I don't know where to put this post .. but I found this Thread talking about Karaoke script

When I want to run SSA to after effects loader.v0.81 .. an error appears to me ..

I tried to run the same script in my friend's computer .. and everything alright

So please. .. can U tell me how to solve this problem?

[This is the wrong place for this post? then where can I put it?

Thanx .. and sry if this is wrong place to post :(
That's shinjipierre's script (for older version of AE), not Paul's. It's old and outdated if you ask me. :wink:
Paul Tuersley

caset wrote:Just a small note that I noticed, during karaoke if {/k0} is in the middle of a line it kills the script at that point, however if it is as the end of a line it acts normally.

ex:

{\k39}ma{\k21}tte{\k36}i{\k14}ru{\k0} {\k41}Dead{\k14}{\k35}ly {\k44}Night

would show:
matteiru
I guess its a bug :roll:
Or possibly two bugs! Which version of AE and OS are you on? And are you using the latest version of the script? It's not quite breaking for me, but I can see reasons it might.

This may be the first example I've seen where a zero duration {\k0} is used. In my limited number of examples, either the space is included at the end of the previous syllable, or the space is separate but with a non-zero duration.

This raises a couple of questions I'd like to hear some opinions on:

1. Should a text layer be created if it only contains a space, as in the above example (the space would still appear in the comp layout regardless). And would there be any point in applying the animation preset to it?

2. Are there examples where there would be syllables (not just spaces) with a zero duration? The script normally varies the speed of the applied presets based on syllable duration, but this doesn't really work when it's zero.

Paul
umaier

Hi Paul,

Thanks for your excellent script!

Sadly, I seem to be encountering a show-stopper with it.

I am using After Effects CS3 in Vista Home Premium 32-bit. When I import an SSA file with some Chinese subtitles, it always halts on a line when it contains 16 or more Chinese characters. The Chinese characters are Unicode-encoded. As far as I can tell, there is no error in the SSA file.

The script just stops at the 16-or-more line (as if there are no more lines to process) and no error message comes up.

Am I making some sort of mistake, or is there a workaround I should apply in this situation (short of truncating lines with 16 or more characters?)