pt_Multiplane (formerly PSDto3D)

Moderator: Paul Tuersley

Paul Tuersley

Use this script to instantly turn layered Photoshop or Illustrator files into 3D multiplanes. pt_Multiplane adds expressions that let you freely move layers on the z axis without changing the look of the shot from the original camera position, making it easy to experiment with depth in your scene.
This script requires After Effects 6.5 or later.

Watch demo and download pt_Multiplane from aescripts.com
cob906

This script will definitely come in handy! Great work!
sver

Really, really ... great script! I was looking for something like this for a long time ... Thanks a lot for sharing this!

sascha
nerken

Really Good! Script necessary for everybody...

Thx
hitac

This is the answer to all my graphics issues. This saves so much time in aftereffects so i can focus on design THANKS!!!! :D :D :shock: :shock:
Hitac Media...Blaw
Jonas

WOW! You don't know how much time you saved me tonight! I'm working on a series of spots that are like a comic book animated in 3D. Here's an old one.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lrsZRennRJw

Thank You, Thank You, Thank You, Thank You, Thank You, Thank You!

Chris
Theoreon

Hi Paul!

[edit]Koby (kobyg)[/edit] pointed me to your script and i just want to shout out a huge THANK YOU! for making this workaround possible.
Just Amazing!

Thanks,
Thomas
Paul Tuersley

I've updated my PSDto3D script and renamed it pt_Multiplane. This version adds a UI with controls for automatically distributing the layers along the z-axis. And I've done a demo video for it too.

Paul
rowby

Paul Tuersley wrote:I've updated my PSDto3D script and renamed it pt_Multiplane. This version adds a UI with controls for automatically distributing the layers along the z-axis. And I've done a demo video for it too.

Paul

Hi Paul,

I posted this question here, I think, on the wrong forum.

With your plugin can I also move in y and x axis?

And I think I read somewhere that it will now work with CS5?

I have windows 7 64 bit. So I would think it will work fine for me.

I plan on downloading and purchasing it today or tomorrow. Your demo and the comic book demo linked to on this form looks cool!

...Rowby
Paul Tuersley

You can freely move the layers around, with the layer only changing scale based on the z position to maintain the original size. If you plan on animating the layers, you should consider using the "Bake" option after arranging the layers, so the scale link doesn't interfere with your animation. And yes, it does work in CS5.

Paul
pecijackson

thanks sir. the script works well with my AE CS4 :D