spell check for after effects

All things .jsx

Moderator: Paul Tuersley

cardeiro

hi

I wrote a spell checker for after effects. It goes through the composition you are working on and checks the spelling of all text in the composition and any text nested in precomps.

the script is located at http://michaelcardeiro.com/aeScripts/spellCheck/

I would be interested in any feedback on the functionality of the script and any errors encountered running it. I wrote it on ae 6.5 running on a pc but people have successfully run it on mac

Mike Cardeiro
Darkmoon_UK

Dude, that is one damn useful application of script. Good job :-) This would have been really useful for my most recent project (an interactive Quiz DVD with hundreds of screens). I've downloaded it an kept it 'in the toolbox' for later.

Thanks for sharing Cardeiro.

- Chris
cardeiro

I just completed an update on my spellcheck script http://www.michaelcardeiro.com/aeScripts/spellCheck/

You can now get suggestions on a misspelled word by clicking on the "suggest word" button.

You need to be connected to the internet for this feature to work. I originally coded the word suggest function within the script but it was taking upwards of 30 seconds for the script to do this.

so I coded a solution on my website using perl. the result is much quicker; when you hit the "suggest word" button, the script connects to my webserver and gets the suggestions...a litle clunky I agree but its better than waiting 30 seconds for a suggestion to come locally.

Mike Cardeiro
sqpixels

This is so so so GREAT!! Thank you!!!
sundstedt

Amazing! This could come in handy.
stib

Fantastic script. For any DLFers or other antipodeans here's an Australian wordlist. You can use the build dictionary script that comes along with the spell checker to make an Australian dictionary. Go sick mate!
en_AU.zip
(159.7 KiB) Downloaded 12906 times