pt_SSA Karaoke Animator

Moderator: Paul Tuersley

ifrittt

Anyone know how to do the effects in this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hME-gHEsVQ8
Is that possible with Paul's script?

*edit: correct url
Last edited by ifrittt on February 26th, 2007, 11:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
ifrittt

arnufle wrote:
Paul Tuersley wrote:Hi ifrittt,

The Slider Control adds an Expression Controls > Slider Control effect, creating an animated value that does nothing on it's own, but you can link another property (i.e. an effect's property) to it using expressions.

How many settings would you like? Presumably 5, so you can set separate values for each of the Before, Start, Mid, End and After. Along with arnufle's request for an extra slider control property, it looks like the palette/UI is going to get bigger and bigger. An alternative approach is for me to try and tie the script into presets to allow much more customisation while having a simpler UI, but that'll probably take a fair bit of work.

Anyone who's interested in an update, let me know what you think.

Paul T

:D :D :D yeahhh i wait your script !!! in the future, I will post a clip withh your script and the fabulous slidecontrol for example :wink:
Could you please do a basic tuto how to use that powerful tool named slider control? =o
arnufle

hum ok tomorrow maybe now i go to sleep :lol:
but it's very simple take expressions and insert "if.....
v2b is more simple than v1 you know
ifrittt

arnufle wrote:hum ok tomorrow maybe now i go to sleep :lol:
but it's very simple take expressions and insert "if.....
v2b is more simple than v1 you know
Ok thank you. ^^
Paul Tuersley

Anyone know how to do the effects in this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hME-gHEsVQ8
Here's an animation preset I've made that works with the v2beta1 script, along with an AE project that shows the result. The text style I used was white fill text with a 2-3 point black stroke, set to Fill Over Stroke.

Download ifrittt_preset.zip
Could you please do a basic tuto how to use that powerful tool named slider control? =o
The Slider Control is an effect that has an animatable value, but the effect doesn't actually do anything. It's useful for when you want to feed animated values to expressions. As the v1.1 script doesn't let you animate effects, I put in the Slider Control as a poor substitute.

Here's how it works, let's say I want to animate the Scatter effect:
1. Use v1.1 to animate a Slider Control value from 0 (start) to 50 (end) and create the text layers.
2. Apply the Scatter effect to one of the text layers.
3. In the Effect Controls panel, Alt-Click the stopwatch on the Scatter Amount property to add an expression.
The expression is revealed in the Timeline, one of the four small icons that has appeared is a pickwhip.
4. With all the default expression text still highlighted, drag the pickwhip to the Slider Control value in the Effect Controls panel to create the expression link.
5. Select the Scatter effect, copy it, then paste it to all the other text layers.
arnufle

yeah Paul Tuersley, ifrittt do you understand now ?
arnufle

hi, is it possible to have a slidecontrol in v2 with in your script a user changeable variables for 1-->0 or 0-->1 ... ? :)
ifrittt

Paul Tuersley wrote:
Sorry I didnt posted in the other post what effect I meant...
"Shosen onaji mirai" and "Naze takanaru kokoro ni" effects I want to know how to do.

Btw I will try work with the slider control. But if I am understanding what it do, it take effects like shine, glow, etc... and put it like a text animation?

Thanks
Paul Tuersley

arnufle,
There aren't necessarily going to be animation controls in the UI in v2. Do you think I should give the option of either using the UI or animation presets? In which case are you asking me to add 2 slider controls to the UI again? Why struggle with the slider control workaround when you can create far more complex animations by making your own animation presets?

ifrittt,
I guess I matched the wrong effect. But presumably you tried the preset with the v2 script.....so what did you think?
arnufle

to have more control : begin ---> end, here all animations have same time...
ifrittt

I dont know much plug-ins for text animation. Could someone tell me some?
Devastator

I was wondering if it's possible to use the Range Selector to make it so that the effect only applies to the area it encapsulates. For example, I wrote an expression for scale that makes the characters grow to 200% and shrink back to 100%. This works nicely for the first character, but for the others, since it applies the scale to the previous characters as well, the current syllable appears translated to the casual viewer.
plancton

Thank you for this good script.
I can't make the most common karaoke effect in europe with this script. Example: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aDwCNtyzF2E Is there a way to do it ?
ifrittt

plancton wrote:Thank you for this good script.
I can't make the most common karaoke effect in europe with this script. Example: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aDwCNtyzF2E. Is there a way to do it ?
I think you can use SSA, Aegisub or Medusa to do that.
Paul Tuersley

plancton wrote:Thank you for this good script.
I can't make the most common karaoke effect in europe with this script. Example: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aDwCNtyzF2E Is there a way to do it ?
Sorry, but it's not possible with this script. AE7 scripting doesn't have access to text layout, so you wouldn't be able to create an accurate wipe (getting a script to create any kind of wipe would be quite fiddly).