Text Morph Script

What type of scripts do you need?

Moderator: byronnash

Albert

I was thinking: How about a script that takes the shape from one layer and through time morph it to another layers shape?

In this case I am talking about text morphing. I was thinking: Could it be possible to use the "Source Text" option under a text layer and like put at the first keyframe one word with one type of color and a type of font and in another keyframe like 1 sec put the same word or another word with another type of font or color and have the script work between the 2 keyframe and make a motion that transform the first one to the second one.

Is it possible?
Mylenium

Albert wrote:Is it possible?
Umm, no. Not in the way you want it. The requirements surrounding it are way to restrictive to make this a worthwile effort.

a) scripts and expressions have no access to font face, spacing and other text information
b) based on a), it would have to be done with masks
c) based on b), those masks would have to have the same number of knots/ vertices which is impossible to achive with differnet type faces
d) you still need to apply effects an keyframe them for coloring

In short: Unless you needed this effect a 100 times a day every day of the year, there is no point in spending the time and effort on a script. There are no benefits over any manual method you can use at this point.

Mylenium
[Pour Mylène, ange sur terre]