ScriptUI Panels/dockable palette won't show controls

Find out why the . goes before the /

Moderator: Paul Tuersley

Aaron Cobb

I'm wading into ScriptUI interface stuff, and getting out of my depth pretty quickly. I can get my interface elements to show up just fine in a floating palette by running the script from ExtendScript Toolkit or from the Scripts sub-menu, but when I select the script from the Window menu, all I get is a blank dockable palette.

I've pored over the redefinery scripts and some others, and modeled my code on them as best I am able, but I can't get my darn buttons and checkboxes to actually draw. The Javascript Tools reference is great for figuring out how to put the interface itself together, but I don't see any info in there about getting dockable palettes to work.

So, are there any easy-to-digest references out there on this stuff? Are there any secret gotchas to moving from floating palettes to dockable palettes?

Update: I've found the answer; it looks like the interface elements have to be contained within a group for them to show up on the panel. They show up fine in a floating palette, but perhaps the floating palette itself constitutes a container in a way that a panel does not?
adamghering

did you ever solve this? I am altering the demo pallette script to do a script launcher and I get the same....I can get one button to load based off of what I have read from the scripting guide but I can't get two buttons on the panel. I wish someone would answer this for us
Adam Ghering
Compositing Supervisor
Legend Films inc.
2D/3D Stereo Conversion
Aaron Cobb

I did, but I'm sorry to say it's been long enough that I don't know what was hanging me up. I did find looking at the scripts others posted online helped a lot, though.