maya cameras in after effects

What type of scripts do you need?

Moderator: byronnash

mmatias

Hello you all.. :D

I was wondering if anybody ever used aurora sky, its a plugin from digital element, what it does is creates a sky and clouds, that can be animated, and the interesting feature is that it can use AE cameras to move along in 3dspace..
Now the question is...
- I have a maya project with a camera travelling, I usually export the maya cam (*.ma file) inside after effects with some ref locators and then fit a sky with the locators, it does the job with simple camera movements, but when it comes to more complex movements it's not that good.
So, what I was trying to do is to export the camera from maya, put it in after effects and then with aurora sky using the AE camera I would have a 3d sky moving in 3d space along with the camera...(if you get what I mean..sorry if confused).

The thing is that after effects inverts the cam Y position value and the Y rotation Value, so aurora does't get the right reference from the camera..
I guess its a litle bit confusing but I was hoping that somebody else as tried to use aurora sky with 3d cameras from maya.
I dont know a lot about expressions, so if you could at least tell me an expression to change only the position value Y to its "inverted" value that would help..

For example I have Position (-8,10,15) in (X,Y,Z) in after effects and I would like to alter just the 10 to -10.

Thanks in advance
:)
life is animation on real time where we choose the keyframing....
Paul Tuersley

This expression will invert the Y value of any 3 dimensional property:
[value[0], -value[1], value[2]];

Paul
mmatias

Thanks Paul :D
life is animation on real time where we choose the keyframing....