Smart Import/Import Folder Script

What type of scripts do you need?

Moderator: byronnash

AdamBL

Hey everyone,

First time posting. I thought a forum like this might have a solution for my work flow dilemma.

Basically, I have a master folder with 100-200 sub folders(different shots), each which have another sub folder for each element(PNG image sequences).

The AE included script (smartimport) will import all the image sequences if you select the master folder, but it will not organize with the proper folder hierarchy. The import folder function in AE will import with the hierarchy, but will import each image as an individual file(rather than a sequence).

I've searched high and low, and I can't find a script to combine the two, any suggestions?

(If such a script exists, it would be great if it could make a comp(named after the subdir) in each of the sub folders that includes the footage files.)

I hope this posting is clear!

Thank you,
Adam Bloemink
AdamBL

It seems like such a common thing, a mix between AE's "import folder" and the smartimport.jsx script.

I guess not.
jayse

it's coming!

Immigration from Lloyd!

http://vimeo.com/3031889?pg=embed&sec=3031889&hd=1
burg

Anyone know when this immigration tool is due out?
lloydalvarez
Enhancement master

Hey Burg,

It's coming soon! But if you would like I can send you a beta now, just PM me your email address as well as a little info about your setup. OS and AE version and wether you read files locally or off a server.

-Lloyd