watch / trace variable

Find out why the . goes before the /

Moderator: Paul Tuersley

)orgen

hi, can I watch the output of one or several local variables with a easy command, or do I have to output it to a text string on the screen?
Mylenium

)orgen wrote:hi, can I watch the output of one or several local variables with a easy command, or do I have to output it to a text string on the screen?
Does alert() or msg() not work for you or what are you trying to watch?

Mylenium
[Pour Mylène, ange sur terre]
byronnash

It would be so nice to have a running log of commands showing what the app is doing and the ability to log messages to it to check progress. XSI has that and it makes scripting so much easier to debug.
Mylenium

byronnash wrote:It would be so nice to have a running log of commands showing what the app is doing and the ability to log messages to it to check progress. XSI has that and it makes scripting so much easier to debug.
It certainly would. ;O) I think the new ESTK in the CS3 versions provides a few more hooks to facilitate such tasks. It's probably as good as it will get for a while...

Mylenium
[Pour Mylène, ange sur terre]
byronnash

Does ESTK CS3 have the ability to adjust the tabs on text blocks? Another feature I miss from Textpad is the ability to find the matching brace"{}" or "()". Those two things make it much easier to not get lost in a see of loops and conditional statements.
bradshaw1965

byronnash wrote:Another feature I miss from Textpad is the ability to find the matching brace"{}" or "()". Those two things make it much easier to not get lost in a see of loops and conditional statements.
Yes, code folding would go a long way to making the built-in editor usable. I've become so spoiled by Textmate and BBEdit as editors for the Mac that the debugger stays unused. Caveman style printf debugging for me, for now.
Dale Bradshaw
Technology Director | Primal Screen
creative-workflow-hacks.com
Atlanta, GA