Define Selection Tool

What type of scripts do you need?

Moderator: byronnash

Kasio

Hi all,

I'd like to see a script that defines and select (highlight) a group of Layers and specific Properties within them, while hiding the remaining Layers and Properties. With more Selection Groups defined, switching between them should be quick and easy.

In a complex Composition it can be very time-consuming to find and isolate Layers and Properties that in combination make up an effect.

Example of how the script could work:

* Define a Selection Group, say Perspective:
** Layer #13 with Transform -> Scale and Transform -> Y Rotation selected
** Layer #25 with Transform -> Y Rotation selected
** Layer #43 with Transform -> Scale, Transform -> Y Rotation and Effect -> Perspective -> Basic 3D selected

Activating Perspective will shy all unselected layers (much like littleHelper.jsx http://www.aenhancers.com/viewtopic.php ... lper#p2533) and show only the defined properties (even if the layer contain other keyframed properties).

This is how I work, manually, at the moment:

* From a 50+ layer Composition I Select -> All and reveal all keyframes (UU)
* Select -> None and re-select the layers that contain the combination I want
* Using littleHelper.jsx, I shy unselected layers
* In the remaining layers, I Select the specific group of properties
* Press SS to show only the properties selected

Now I can concentrate..

Thanks
lloydalvarez
Enhancement master

Kasio

Hi Lloyd,

Thanks for pointing me to these scripts.

They work great, except for not having the ability to isolate properties within the layers. I'd be happy if you considered implementing that in the next version of Zorro. And do you think there will be a problem isolating properties with so-called Custom Data keyframes? From what I understand, getting to their data is a problem with scripts and expressions.
Kasio

I have been using Zorro all day, by the way, and it is a huge improvement to the workflow. Thanks a lot.