Render Queue Script

What type of scripts do you need?

Moderator: byronnash

ap0kalyps3

Hello everybody,
I'm not that great with scripting and maybe just need a headstart for something.
Basically I need a script that when activated puts all the highlighted compositions into the render queue (which sounds pretty basic and can already be done of course)
BUT
I want all the compositions to have a specific Output Module automatically specified.
So for example I have 5 comps and 3 Output Modules:
Comp1
Comp2
Comp3
Comp4
Comp5

1, 2 and 4 should be renderend with Output Module 1
3 should be rendered with Output Module 2
and 5 should be renderen with Output Module 3

I have a project that has about 40-50 comps that need to be rendered, I already set it up so that the rendercomps always have the same name
so I was thinking that somewhere is a list of all the comp names and the specific Output Module they should use and that the script is accessing this list to decide which Output Module to use

what probably would also be great, is to specify an output folder, here a single output folder for all comps would be enough

If somebody could give me a headstart that would be great, I can probably take it from there, but I have no idea where to start

ap0kalyps3

I gotta bump this, since the issue has come up again
does anybody know how to get me started here???

Avinash Ramanath

Hi,
I can think of a couple of ways to do this. Why don't you add all comps with one kind of output module and then repeat the same for other kinds a output modules. You can write to me at avinash.infocine3@gmail.com to discuss further.

Regards