AE3D EXPORT - AE scene to Maya, Max, and Lightwave

What's up at aenhancers.com

Moderators: Disciple, zlovatt

maximumrfan

Well if I try to export lights they show up as dummy objects. How can I export Lights as actual lights? :?:
k9fish

how do u download it help help help !!
Redsandro

k9fish wrote:how do u download it help help help !!
Seriously?
Right-click save as AE3D_Export.jsx or something else.

3d conversion is sweet but still tricky business to get it in useful shape.
Just saying, considering your lack of internet knowledge.. ;)
avi + m2t -> Vdub + DGIndex -> AE CS3 -> x264 -> Hell On Earth :mrgreen:
k9fish

right click what sorry for the hassel
k9fish

sorry dm got it

thanks
tony_wands

Hi,

First post here and sorry if this has been asked before but I am getting an error when I drag the script which AE3D created on to 3d max. An error message pops in 3s max saying " ---Cannot assign to read-only variable: reference"

I followed this tutorial http://www.videocopilot.net/tutorials/a ... me_freeze/ step by step but always keeps getting that error message.

I use AECS3 adn 3d max 2008. Would appreacite it very much if anyone can help.

Tony
Redsandro

I called my locators 'Dummy' and got an error because Dummy is a reserved MAXscript keyword. The script doesn't account for this.
Just a thought - you named something 'Reference', but it's a reserved MAXscript keyword. Change the names so you don't use those.

Prefixing everything with 'my' should work.
Heyrick

I found this script from watching tutorials at VIDEO COPILOT.net I was able to export a script for a simple camera pan. I ran this script within 3dMAX. The pan seemed to work fine but the camera was pointing in the wrong Direction (90 degrees of in the x axis) What could be done to fix this....Bear with me very new at this....
Redsandro

Rotate your scene 90 degrees in Max. Max uses a different axis layout than After Effects.
draga17

Has anyone use the AE3D export successfully with AfterEffects CS5 for mac into Maya? Thanks guys,
m
Maui

hey,
would it be possible to implement blender into the ae3d exporter script? i think a lot of people would appreciate it.
Redsandro

I second that motion. :idea:
dreamatek

Oh man I was very stoke over this script but I've spent half my day troubleshooting. I'm using AE CS5 and importing into Max '11. I've tried all the world scale options and the camera is doing wacky, WACKY stuff. After I parent to a null and rotate 90 degrees the camera is still bouncing around and rotating which it doesn't do this in AE. I'm doing a simple dolly forward, back and slightly side to side of a screen shot that is placed on a laptop screen. Yelp, I'm on a deadline! I'm about to redo it all and just reanimate the camera and export RPF to AE...
Jono

How the crap do you use this guys? I was sent here by AK from one of is tuts on VC
dreamatek

When importing the AE data, the camera and nulls facie down when it should be facing left like the Vray camera below.

I tried parenting the camera to a null and rotating it but the camera's keyframed get screwed up and instead of going forward and back it goes up and down. Creating a null and parenting everything in Max to it but the imported AE data worked by rotating 90 degrees, however this isn't optimal and new RPF data becomes unusable.

Another issue is having to move the cameras until the vray camera is matched with the standard imported (animated) camera and parent the two since we are rendering with Vray we don't want to look through the standard camera.

Wish I could copy keyframes onto the Vray camera as well as simply rotate the imported camera and not screw up it's keyframed direction.