Multi-Copy-Paste script - keyframes from multiple layers

All things .jsx

Moderator: Paul Tuersley

SFR75

I wrote this script for animation studio I work for.
It allows you to select keys across multiple layers and
copy them back to a new location. It also has an option
to copy them more than once, which is usefull if you work
with animation cycles.

http://www.seventy75five.com/public/misc/multicopy.jsx
nab

Congrats SFR75, very nice implementation 8)

A simple remark..
When a layer has not been renamed and is duplicated, the original layer and its duplicate have the same name.
If you apply the script on these layers, only one layer will be affected.
I'm sure you can easily fix it (if you like to).

The UI is rather unusual but that's a different story :)
SFR75

nab wrote:Congrats SFR75, very nice implementation 8)

A simple remark..
When a layer has not been renamed and is duplicated, the original layer and its duplicate have the same name.
If you apply the script on these layers, only one layer will be affected.
I'm sure you can easily fix it (if you like to).

The UI is rather unusual but that's a different story :)
Thanks for your comments.
So you are saying that if there are two layers with same name,
then paste should be applied to both. Is that correct ?
nab

I was just saying that in some situations (when layers have the same name), the paste operation doesn't act on every layer, just one.
I think the reason is that your container stores layer names, so when you want to access a layer you always retrieve the same layer.

If I'm not clear, try that:
- create a comp, a solid with a mask and create two mask shape keyframes
- duplicate the layer
- select the four keys and execute the script

You'll see that one of the layer has still the same number of keyframes...
In fact, the data are pasted two times on the same layer.

Storing layer's index rather than layer's name should fix the problem.

But again your script is great and you did a good job 8)
Kasio

One problem that I have ran into earlier with these kind of script, is that they are not able to copy from Custom Data keyframes (say ie. from an effect like Distort -> Mesh Warp).

Does anyone have any ideas on how to achieve that?
ashithraj

I wanted to know if there is any way to time stretch a layer using scripts. I was working on a project where I had to time stretch a layer from the starting frame.

Stretching works fine if the layer start time starts from the first frame. But if the layer start time is offset from the comp start time, then I don't get the desired time stretch effect I want. I can do this manually by setting the hold by option set to current frame. But there is no option in the script to stretch a layer from current frame (I can set the current frame by moving the play head to anywhere I want). Script always stretches the layer from the layer start time.

I found a way to work around this as well by moving my layer start time by the desired amount. But, now I have run in to a different problem. If the layer start time and layer in point do not match then my stretching logic goes for a toss. Can anyone tell me how can I solve this issue?

I hope I have explained my problem correctly.
SFR75

Hello everybody

Here is a new version of a script (actually it went through couple iterations already)

http://www.seventy75five.com/public/mis ... py2.jsxbin

- A number of bugs have been fixed
- GUI is more compact and gives more information
- The script now is dockable (you need to put it in ScriptUI directory for CS3 and CS4)

Let me know if there are still problems.

SFR75

nb. Mesh Warp keys are still not accessible using adobe API AFAIK. So can't do much about it.
bryab

The 'multicopy2' script stopped working on 12/1/2009 for some reason. Everyone I know who uses it has the same problem. Is there any reason why this script is a jsxbin and not jsx?

This script is awesome, by the way.
SFR75

Hello,

Ooops...

Apparently I forgot a piece of experimental code, which disables the script on 1st of December.

Here is a clean version (plus some minor bugs fixed)

http://www.seventy75five.com/public/mis ... py3.jsxbin

Enjoy,

M

ps. the reason it's jsxbin is because the code is pretty messy and it's a shame. but if anyone needs jsx, I can put it on-line as well.
Yenaphe

Hi,

i've just tested the script on CS4 and it works great. I wanted to use it on a CS3 project, but as soon as I launch it I've got an error message that says that a ";" is missing on line 1.

Should be an easy fix :)

Thanks
lloydalvarez
Enhancement master

Yenaphe wrote:Hi,

i've just tested the script on CS4 and it works great. I wanted to use it on a CS3 project, but as soon as I launch it I've got an error message that says that a ";" is missing on line 1.

Should be an easy fix :)

Thanks

This happens when you use the ExtendScript Toolkit that comes with CS4, use ESTK that comes with CS3 to create the .jsxbin

-Lloyd
kilopop

Hi,

This script sounds great but could someone outline what the steps are to get this to work without getting the ";" is missing on line 1 message?

I'm using the ESTK which comes with CS3 but what are the steps to create the .jsxbin file?

Any help for a ESTK noobie would be much appreciated.

Many thanks.
James VM

Hi, hope you're all well :D

Been a while since this post, just wondered if you can still supply a jsx version? Really keen to understand how it works!

I've created something similar but can only get the keys to transfer to another layer not the same layer and property.

Cheers,
stib

I wrote a script that does a similar thing. It's all open-source, you can find it here:
https://github.com/stibinator/stibsAESc ... _multi.jsx

Note that it depends on some library functions to work. If you want to use it you'll need them, which is best done by downloading the release version from here: https://blob.pureandapplied.com.au/all-the-scripts/